Capsular Tension Rings
We manufacture Capsular Tension Rings in clear as well as Blue PMMA CQ UV, Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). Capsular Tension Rings enhance the safety and efficacy during phacoemulsification and posterior chamber Intraocular lens implantation. They also prevent vitreous herniation and maintain the circular contour of the capsular bag. CTR’s also tend to reduce Intraocular lens decentration, which improves vision and gives additional support to the IOL. They may also inhibit epithelial cell proliferation, thus reducing the chances of capsule opacification. Capsular Tension Rings are available in three models CTR 11, CTR 12 and CTR 13.
CTR 11, CTR 12 and CTR 13
Selection of PMMA CTR model (size)
- CTR 11 has an uncompressed diameter of 11.0 mm and is designed for placement in hyperopic eyes.
- CTR 12 has an uncompressed diameter of 12.0 mm and is designed for placement in average size eyes.
- CTR 13 has an uncompressed diameter of 13.0 mm and is designed for placement in myopic eyes.
Note: Available in Clear as well as Blue PMMA
|Model||CTR 11||CTR 12||CTR 13|
|Material||PMMA CQ-UV||PMMA CQ-UV||PMMA CQ-UV|
|Overall Diameter||11.0 mm||12.0 mm||13.0 mm|
|Insertion Diameter||9.7 mm||10.4 mm||11.4 mm|
- Inadequate zonular support causing subluxation of lens
- Patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome
- Trauma causing zonular dialysis
- Myopic eyes with IOL power of less than 16 diopters
- Repositioning of IOL decentration
- Disorders like: Marfan’s syndrome, Scleroderma, Homocystinuria, Spherophekia, Porphyria, Hyperlysinemia, Sulfite Oxidase deficiency
- Circular expansion and stabilization of the periphery of the capsular bag
- Reduced risk of capsular fibrosis and shrinking
- Safe IOL centration in eyes with zonular dehiscence
- Prevents vitreous herniation from weak zonular area