Sterile Liquid 5ml
Bio Octane is sterile, non-pyrogenic highly purified 100% fluorinated Perfluoro-n-Octane liquid as an aid for retinal surgery. It is chemically inert and non-toxic in nature.
It offers a temporary tamponade for efficient re-attachment of the retina. It is used in the surgical management of:
- Retinal Detachment with Giant Tears
- Retinal Detachment with Proliferative VitreoRetinopathy
- Traumatic Retinal Detachment
- Dropped Nucleus or IOL
- Retinal bleeding
- Better Visualization after surgery
- Easy removal because viscosity is less than 0.8 cst
- Quick evaporation because of higher vapour tension – 57 mm Hg at 37°C
- Easier to use with gas procedures.
- Bio Octane is supplied in a glass vial as well as prefilled syringe delivering 5.0 ml of sterile Perfluoro-n-Octane liquid. The product is packed in medical grade blister packaging and finally supplied along with Information For Use.